Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thoughts for Today.

I guess Spring is officially here.

My hubby brought home ramps and polk salat for his supper. He can have all he want's, peee-uuuuuuuu.

The red birds are out in full force, the bluebirds are flying around and saw each gathering supplies for their nests. You can hear the birds singing most all through the day now.

I am keeping the windows open 24 hours a day now, enjoying the weather before it get's really hot. The pollen, well it can settle with the dust. I make notes to myself in the dust / pollen on the furniture, of stuff to remember not to forget.

My Whippoorwill has finally made it back and it sounds lonesome but beautiful, way up into the night and everything is really still outside.



I watched a big ol fat groundhog this morning, grubbing around, looking rather fat and sassy.

We are getting frames and supers ready tonight to place on the hives. Let the bees start making us some wildflower honey. I can't wait for a fresh crop.


"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~A.A. Milne

No comments: