Thursday, May 14, 2009

Another Blessed Day

Dropped off a dozen eggs to a friend this morning before work and got paid back with a breakfast of gravy, biscuits and bacon. Now you can't beat that.

It's certainly spring time around our house.

All of the flower beds are full and although I had given up on my Angel Trumpet, I saw a small shoot of green yesterday.

I planted 58, Cherokee Purple heirloom tomato plants started from seed. I posted a picture of them previously my starters in their 5 gallon bucket. The other veggies plants have really taken off so we will have plenty to can and share this summer. Thinking about building some cold frames from old windows and getting an early start next year. hhmmmmm.

Our Banty hen hatched off 6 new babies and I will post pictures as soon as I can get my camera to working.

I have been making soap every night trying to get ready for Memorial day Weekend at Brasstown Valley Resort. North Georgia Mountain's Horsin' Around BBQ Showdown http://www.brasstownvalley.com/resort/horsin_around.asp.

Changing my look a little and setting my booth up in a shabby country chic. I am getting great ideas from my BFF's the BBB's, lot's of feedback, so I am excited. I hope at least to make my booth fee back. Hopefully some of those "resort vacationers" will take pity on a poor old mountain girl and buy some soap from her.

I also have caught up on melting my beeswax and used a variety of molds to get some great results. They all turned out beautiful, golden yellow and you can just smell the honey in them.

I am probably going to pot some of the rampant Lemon Verbena I have at the house along with some Pennyroyal and see if it will sell. You never can tell.

A whole new outlet for my "wildcrafting".
Wildcrafting is a term for the age-old practice of collecting plant materials in their natural habitat for food, medicine, and craft. I might get adventurous and start me some shroom log's.

Ya'll have a great day, ya hear.

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

Hi I popped over from Nita's, I post a journal over there. You sound like such a "busy bee." Sorry about that, couldn't resist. I just read your interview with the Farmer's Market people.

Gill in Canada